― Paper Details ―

Abstract ―​

This study determined the curriculum exits and factors affecting students’ decision in choosing their curriculum exits after senior high school graduation of Grade 12 students of Technical Vocational Livelihood tracks of Palawan National School. Descriptive method design, frequency, mean, rank and Chi- square test of independence was employed to analyze the data collected. The result of the study revealed that out of the 193 respondents, majority (127) or 66% are male while the remaining 66 or 34% are female respondents. When considering the monthly income of the respondents, the majority of them had a monthly income of P12,082.00 categorize as poor. Most of the respondents were 17 and 18 years old. The finding showed that most of the respondents in Agri-fishery, Home Econmics and Information Communication Technology chose higher education as their curriculum exit while Industrial Arts intend to look job or employment after graduation. The top most reason of choosing their curriculum exit was because of their own personal choice. Moreover, the results revealed that family monthly income and learning area have significant relationship to their curriculum exits while that there is no significant relationship between the age and sex and the respondents’ curriculum exit. Therefore, the hypothesis presented was accepted. To withstand the curriculum exits of the respondents, the researcher proposed a support program framework to support their chosen career path. Lastly, it was recommended that to conduct tracer study to track the students’ progress and see whether the choices they made were based on the Curriculum Exits given.

Keywords ―​

curriculum exists, factors, plan, senior high school

Cite this Publication ―​

Madelyn O. Cartas (2023), Curriculum Exits of Technical Vocational Livelihood Grade 12 Senior High School of Palawan National School SY 2022-2023: Basis for Support Program Framework. Multidisciplinary International Journal of Research and Development (MIJRD), Volume: 02 Issue: 05, Pages: 36-40. https://www.mijrd.com/papers/v2/i5/MIJRDV2I50004.pdf